Penicillium is another mold that thrives in the presence of excess moisture or water in the home or at work. It produces the moldy basement or crawl space smell that is commonly associated with old houses that have excess dampness. Some species are allergenic and some actually produce mycotoxins (toxic substances produced by molds). The presence of penicillium can be confirmed by sampling and laboratory analysis, as with other opportunistic molds.
Penicillium can be a definite indoor health hazard and needs to be properly remediated to increase air quality in your apartment,house, office, warehouse, factory, showroom, or other place of business. Penicillium is frequently one of the first molds to attack a home that has had water or excess moisture intrusion. It is a reliable indicator of water damage in the home, especially in the hidden recesses behind finished basement walls.
Call us for help in the elimination of Penicillium, Cladosporium, Alternaria, Aspergillus, Epicoccum, Rhizopus, Stachybotrys, Helminthosporium, Fusarium, Mucor, and Aureobasidium (Pullularia) as well as some more common allergen and health hazard culprits.
Mold Removal & Certified Mold Remediation- Residential and Commercial
- Certified residential mold remediation in basements, crawl spaces, attics and living spaces
- Certified commercial mold remediation in offices, warehouses, schools, factories, and terminals
- Mildew and Mold removal from carpets, walls, ceilings, floors, garages, attics, basements and storage spaces
- Mold remediation certification by the American Council For Accredited Certification (ACAC)
- ACAC-certified microbial remediation and anti-microbial sanitizing
- ACAC-certified mold cleaning, neutralization, encapsulation, certified mold remediation and mold prevention
- Water damage remediation certification by the IICRC
- Member of the Indoor Air Quality Association
- Solve all mold and mildew problems cost effectively and efficiently
- Kill, remove, prevent mold with environmentally sensible products
- Clean, dry and sanitize flooded premises
- Apply mold retarding treatments, coatings and encapsulants
- Musty, moldy smell removal from all affected areas through deodorization at the source
- EPA Certification number is NAT-43984-1
- Florida Mold Remediation License (MRSR1121, FL)
If mold has invaded your home or office, call the certified mold remediators at Gerrus Maintenance Inc. today. Let us remove the mildew or mold, mold odor, other biological smells, and allergens from your apartment, house, shore residence, office, store, warehouse, factory, or any commercial building. We will improve your indoor air quality.